Finally got back from tour/holiday abroad with family! Now it’s time to post photos.
We would like to thank every single person who helped us along the way: Kickstarter supporters, show bookers and most of all, the amazing people we met who opened up their homes to us, giving us warmth and entertainment every single night.
Here are a few highlights from tour:
- We bought a smoke machine, brought a good friend Shane along for lighting/fun and HIT THE ROAD. Found a keyboard for our guest musician, Logan Baudean, that just so happened to previously belong to Daughtry.
- We were offered “moonshyeena” from a 15-year-old at a show behind a Mexican birthday fiesta in Laredo.
- Jessica was given a golden unicorn and pyramid velvet painting in San Antonio.
- Slept with a house wolf named Seikou in Albuquerque—he ate our jackets but was very sweet.
- Saw a band perform on stilts in Albuquerque.
- Drove overnight to the Grand Canyon. Popped open a bottle of Stagg at 8:30am and celebrated with a feast of soup, canned tuna fish, peanut butter and boxed Indian fare. Stayed the night at Comfort Inn, and partied with a feisty family from Korea who insisted that Shane “Take a bath.”
- Fell deeply in love with California. The mountains, the beach, the Redwoods. Take us back.
- Jeffrey skateboarded Venice Beach.
- Jessica managed to pull a monitor off the stage with a single strand of pearls off her dress in Oakland. She broke two tambourines in one week.
- Saved an important Jack Kerouac quote from The Beat Museum in San Francisco: “No one ever drafted a life worth living on borrowed ink. Fuel up on pie and diner coffee and mystic visions and the freedom of not knowing what’s coming next except that you’re burning the road to outrun it. Get going.”
- Tried to drive overnight to Portland to spend the day frolicking free for Jessica’s 25th birthday. Ended up stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, going up and down mountains inside of a snowstorm, on ice, skating side to size from 3am to 9:30pm when we arrived at our show just in time. Jessica fell on stage and on the street in celebration.
- Andrew cut his finger open on stage in Hot Springs—bled everywhere the whole show.
- Cooked a vegan Jamaican dinner in Dallas!
- Homecoming in Lafayette followed by our last show in New Orleans. Shane proclaimed, “Tour is over.” The next day he insisted that “Tour ain’t over,” a quote heard many a time on tour along with calling everyone he met a “dirt licker”.